Alien Invasion in Area 51! New Level and More Enemies for Defend Earth: Xenos Survivors
Karlsruhe, Germany, July 24, 2023 | The indie developer team Reija has released a new update for the action-packed top-down roguelike Defend Earth: Xenos Survivors. Now players can gain access to Area 51. The new level, named after the US military base in the Nevada desert, is overrun by aliens in Defend Earth: Xenos Survivors!
Welcome to Area 51!
Many myths of conspiracy surround the restricted military area in Nevada – Area 51 is often associated with aliens and UFOs. What are only myths in the real world become reality in the top-down roguelike! All players can now enter the Area 51 level and take on two new enemy types:
- Void Hunters are elite units of the Xenos. They are ranged fighters and fire a laser towards the players with a short delay. They typically spawn in waves of enemies and are considered to be extremely dangerous.
- Vol'Nar, the Deadeye also attacks from a distance. In her standard attack, she uses projectiles; in her special attack, she switches to a laser that even follows the player for a certain period of time. Vol'Nar, the Deadeye is the boss enemy in the new level and is not easy to defeat.
Defend Earth: Xenos Survivors available with a 50% discount!
The indie top-down roguelike has been available via Steam for a month at a price of 8.79 euros. Just in time for the release of the first major content update for Defend Earth: Xenos Survivors, Reija is offering the game at a 50% discount for a limited time. Until August 4, 2023, the game can be purchased for €4.39 via Steam.
About Defend Earth: Xenos Survivors
Welcome in 2058! Players fend off dangerous alien hordes with their chosen elite soldier. In the fast-paced runs, there is a chance to unlock new items. In addition, the players gain access to more and more characters with different abilities and strengths with which they can throw themselves into the fray.
- Auto firing bullet hell action
- Several playable agents to unlock
- Customizable arsenal
- Fast paced runs (under 20 minutes)
- Choice of different modes to increase difficulty and rewards
Defend Earth: Xenos Survivors received partial funding from the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action as part of the German government's computer game funding program.
Reija GmbH is a young indie developer team with locations in Berlin and Karlsruhe. Launched in 2019, Reija’s goal is to develop successful games with challenging game mechanics, appealing 3D graphics and action-packed settings. Three of the most renowned funding and cultural organizations in Germany are convinced of the vision and competence of the team and thus are long-term supporters of the projects.