Free Demo of the PvE Extraction Shooter Shell Runner Now Live!
Karlsruhe, Germany, October 26, 2023 | The indie developer studio Reija today released Shell Runner – Prelude, the free demo version of the upcoming PvE extraction shooter.
Play Shell Runner – Prelude now: click.
The free demo includes a wide range of equipment, diverse enemies and co-op multiplayer with up to 4 further players.
Shell Runner is a PvE extraction shooter with single player and co-op modes, where players fight fast-paced tactical battles in a dystopian cyberpunk universe.
The official gameplay trailer:
Key features of Shell Runner
Shell Runner takes players to the year 2054, in a dystopian cyberpunk world where nothing is the same as it once was: the lines between man and machine are fluid; governments are crumbling. The remnants of civilization are controlled by mega-corporations.
- Fast-paced tactical battles in PvE: Choose from a wide variety of weapons and gadgets to take out any enemy that gets in the way of the Shell Runners.
- As a Shell Runner to victory: Different bodies, so-called Shells, can be earned, into which players upload their consciousness in order to finally take action as a Shell Runner.
- High risk, high reward: In each mission, all equipment and loot is at stake. Death is not just a minor setback, it’s a total reset.
- With silicon to more power: In this world you pay with silicon. When completing missions, Shell Runners earn silicon, which can be invested in new equipment, shells, skills or intel.
- Gear Customization: Each piece of equipment has unique modifiers that offer endless possibilities. Almost everything is customisable – and this customizability is the key to survival.
- Procedurally generated levels: No two missions are the same. Procedurally generated levels present new challenges every time.
- Alone or in co-op: Shell Runners enter the fray alone or as part of a group. Each person decides individually whether they want to act as a loner or rely on allies in battle.
- Try it out for free: The Prelude version is now available to download for free. Achieved progress can later be transferred to the full version.
Following the action-packed top-down roguelike Defend Earth: Xenos Survivor, Shell Runner is the second title from the developer studio to be released for PCs via Steam this year.
Shell Runner received partial funding from the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action as part of the German government's computer game funding program.
Reija GmbH is a young indie developer team with locations in Berlin and Karlsruhe. Launched in 2019, Reija’s goal is to develop successful games with challenging game mechanics, appealing 3D graphics and action-packed settings. Three of the most renowned funding and cultural organizations in Germany are convinced of the vision and competence of the team and thus are long-term supporters of the projects.